Friday, June 29, 2007

These are so neat: Solar ovens

I love anything environentally friendly. Hybid cars, solar electricity, houses made from hay and clay. But unfortuanately this sometimes is more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I would spend the money, if I had it. But this is something affordable.

I'm about to buy a new grill, in preparation for Independence Day. My budget is $100 or less. But I'm thinking about how much wood, charcoal, and gas are used in the process. So here is a useful alternative that is acually portable, just as useful as an over, and you can even use it in the winter.

The concept of the solar oven is pretty neat. There's nothing that compares to the taste of grilled food, but this is definitely a good alternative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look pretty neat and not that expensive really. I just wonder how well it would cook a hamburger and if cleaning would be a pain. I guess it's just small sacrfices we make to be globally conscience.