Friday, July 6, 2007

I know I've been lax

I'll be back posting this weekend. Sorry for the huge delay. The holiday and the Great American Bake sale that I'm hosting have kept me very busy, plus I'm trying to read though all the released Harry Potter books before the final one is released.

I guess I should say something about food, since this is a food blog, right? Ok so here it is. For your next patriotic holiday, like Labor Day for instance, you can make the following simple dessert that will look fabulous. Incidentally, this is one of the dishes I made for Independence Day.

Find a rectangular pound cake at yor local market, or make your own.

Slice it into 4 long pieces. You'll basically be making a layer cake out of it.

Start with your bottom layer and top with whipped cream. I made my own whipped cream. Cool Whip is ok, but homemade is far better and take 5 minutes or less.

Tope with sliced strawberries and then more whipped cream. Add the next layer of cake, and keep going in the same fashion.

When you've added your last layer of cake, top with whipped cream, and then make a pretty design, like a flag, out of blueberries and strawberries.

So easy and it looks impressive. Have fun!

No comments: